Saturday, December 12, 2009

Food Network here I come


Lately I have been enthused about cooking and baking, more so trying NEW recipes! Tonight I tried my hand at Shrimp Linguine Foil packets. Another divine recipe by The Pioneer Woman. Seriously, check out her recipes and blog and you will not be disappointed.

Of course, I had to improvise due to my lack of precise planning and laziness to go to the store. I did not have 3 cans of diced tomatoes, just 2. So I had to use tomato sauce, which means the noodles were a bit saucier and less good hearty tomatoes thrown in. Secondly, we have 3 or so precooked bags of shrimp (thank you BOGO) in the freezer. I used that instead of fresh, and ya know I think it turned out alright. We'll see what the critics say tomorrow. Next time I would like to try the fire roasted diced tomatoes, bet that will be delish! Cooking is a trial and error process, so far this recipe rocks and the kitchen isn't a roasted tomato mess!


2 comments:

  1. You're my inspiration! It sounds delish..and I so badly want to be a good cook-but I just don't feel like I make the cut!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love to be the kind of girl that loves to cook....but i don't lol! maybe you can inspire me with your trying out new tasty things lol!

    ReplyDelete