Thursday, January 14, 2010

So this workout thing!


Isn't all that bad. Now that I am in a groove I guess I am here to stay. For example, today I was going to take a rest day, and the more I sat on the couch the more I though "just get up and go do something". I didn't go full steam ahead at the gym, but I did get in a decent workout.

The way I look at it is, that I can either wallow in what I don't want to do, have a sluggish workout and not get anywhere. Or get there and devote all my energy for the next hour to have the best workout possible. The result is I feel great afterwards, and I don't feel guilty if a sneak a potato chip later from Reagan.

Speaking of eating, I really do not want to count calories. Mainly because I don't want to have to count calories for the rest of my life. Don't get me wrong I look at the nutrition labels and have a roundabout number as to what I'm consuming but I am by no means tracking. I hope this continues to work for me. I'm living by Bethenny's "your diet is like a bank account". If I want a cookie I just know that I'm going to have to make smarter choices the rest of the day into the next day to make up for eating the cookie. It makes it all pretty easy.

And the result was that last week I lost 3 lbs. I was pretty stoked, seeing that I went to Olive Garden and McDonald's last week, and again just made smart choices. The 6 or so beers I consumed Friday night, probably not so wise. Really want to try the ne
w expresso/coffee flavored vodka...although that get could
be dangerous.

So wanted to share, this is how I am keeping track of everything. I plug in my miles and calories after my workouts and I total them up for the end of the week. I am already seeing improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment