Sunday, February 14, 2010

Want to Impress? Chicken Recipe

I had to own up to my Betty Crocker skills this past weekend. I love to cook but not as much as I love to bake. Either way it's a trial and error process with recipes and I hate to be disappointed. After lengthy conversation of What do you like? Oh wait more importantly what do you hate? The consensus was chicken. Okay chicken I felt like I could handle. But I honestly wanted to make something pasta...but pasta was by no means a favorite so off I went to find a recipe.

And gosh it was AMAZING, and easy and impressive. Even my father who thinks he should qualify for iron chef said it was perfect. So here ya go:

Chicken Provolone Rollups
  • 4 pieces Chicken Breast, Pounded Thin
  • 8 slices Provolone Cheese
  • 8 Tablespoons Seasoned Bread Crumbs
  • 8 teaspoons Parmesan Cheese, Grated
  • 1 bottle (8 Oz. Bottle) Italian Dressing

Prep and Instructions: Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese together. Set aside. Put 2 slices of provolone cheese on each chicken breast. Roll breasts up jelly roll fashion; dip each in dressing, then in the bread crumb mixture. Place in a Pyrex dish sprayed with non-stick spray. If necessary, to keep the chicken from unrolling, place a toothpick in each chicken breast. Bake at 450 degrees F for 25 minutes.

Now I made the above as is, but if you wanted to make it low fat you could use FF italian, reduced fat parmesan cheese and either whole wheat bread crumbs or fiber one bran cereal in the food processor with italian seasoning.

I also think it would be great made with pepperjack cheese! Either way, it's easy and impressive!

*Oh and I might add after my hour of searching...I find out last night that he loves lasagna..okay well you could have told me that and it would have been easier! lol

1 comment:

  1. YUM! This actually sounds like I might be able to conquer it!! I'm sure your dinner guest was impressed! ;)

    ReplyDelete