Saturday, January 2, 2010

Amazing Recipe Blog

I have been browsing through her stuff and she has some amazing recipes. At first I was super excited because there were lots of desserts (you know me I love to bake!) but that was just for the holidays. But the two things I have made from her blog are delicious. So I think you all need to go check out Fake Ginger.

The first thing I made was Pumpkin Caramel Coffee Cake. I love pumpkin, I love sweets what could go wrong. There were a lot of steps but it was definitely worth it. As noted in the recipe spreading the batter the 2nd time was more challenging, but i used an icing knife and it went okay. I shared this with my bff and he said it was a keeper. I don't let family judge, because they don't like sweets.

Then this morning I made Vanilla Spice Oatmeal. I like oatmeal and I am trying to get on the eating healthy bandwagon. I don't like raisins though so I skipped those, and I was too lazy to do the walnut thing (and I can do without those calores: comparable worth) But it was very easy to make and is delicious. It just sweet enough, not overpowering. Now if I would have used the splenda brown sugar I am sure it'd be a bit better, but oh well beats eating the coffee cake for breakfast like I did yesterday.

I think you must be convinced now to check out her blog and read about her. I was excited to see she is my age and a SAHM, so i think it's totally sweet she loves to cook, don't find that often most people my age are eating ramen and sofa pizza. Be sure to check out the other food blogs she loves. I have already snagged another recipe from one of those!

1 comment:

  1. That pumpkin caramel coffee cake sounds great.

    Thank you for adding my button to your blog.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete