Friday, January 1, 2010

So it's 2010, what will it bring?


To be honest what I am looking forward to the absolute most about 2010 is the Midterm Election. Yes *beware* the following will be a short political rant. I am by no means afraid to discuss politics (hello it's my life) but I think there is a time and a place. So if you don't want to read it then you can skip past this red section and onto my other 2010 plans. Whether, I agree with the party in power or not I love election season. It's the time I become so engulfed by the constant news cycle and every development that it's unbearable for some. By Thanksgiving I have to go back to watching crappy mtv reality shows to give my brain a break. Trust me this year will be interesting to watch unfold, hopefully there will be some movers and shakers emerging (Hello Rubio). Over the past year America has been transformed and there are numerous people not happy with the projected outcome, and they will be silent no more.

Okay well enough of that before I lose my 4 followers I have. My other big goal is to lose at least 30 lbs. I plan to achieve this through healthy eating and exercise. In order to keep on track I am pledging to run/walk/bike at least 400 miles this year. Yes, that is a lot but it is a goal that will keep me working out all year long. A great motivator is the vast wardrobe of clothes I have in my closet that no longer fit properly. I am just dying fit in them again, and it will be like getting a bunch of no clothes all over.

Aside from that I absolutely must find a job. Which means I must finish my resume this week and start looking. I am leaning towards a campaign but I am afraid to commit to that time commitment being a single parent and all. So we'll just have to see what it brings, I am sure it is out there waiting for me. Secondly, I need to decide if/when I am going to grad school and what I am doing. I am still heavily drawn towards counter terrorism, and learning Arabic. With, the latest developments of underpants bomb guy it is just another tally on the reasons I think I should do it. It is a field that needs a lot of attention and is not going away anytime soon. Whether, combatting International terrorism or domestic terrorism I think it is a field that would enjoy. Much like campaigns you have to be on the ball with new information, the adrenaline of that makes for an interesting, informative and growing career.

1 comment:

  1. You get a gold star! Of course I'll expect you to keep me schooled on the current political going-ons. (Meanwhile, I'll keep you up to speed on the crappy reality shows, lol)

    Sounds like you have great goals lined out for the year..and since you are one of the most ambitious people I know--I have great faith!

    ReplyDelete