Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Holy Schnikes!!

I just got on the scale and wowza I was NOT HAPPY in the slightest bit. I guess that Y membership came at just the right time. I definitely added on some additional fluff during the holidays...no wonder none of my clothes fit.

But I have been getting back in the groove, while not being TOTALLY good when it comes to eating healthy I have made drastic improvements. Back to eating a big salad for lunch, drinking more water, saying no to certain things. For example yesterday I was still a bit hungry after my salad so I had a very small bowl of homemade mac and cheese, about 1/2 way thru I realized I wasn't hungry anymore so I stopped eating. Then I met friends for dinner at Bw3's, not very many smart decisions on that menu. While not stellar I only had 6 boneless wings with celery and ranch, skipped the fries and only had 2 beers. Later I went and met a friend and didn't drink at all and just had water. I did really good with the water yesterday because at dinner I matched each beer with a glass of water.

I went to the Y yesterday and Reagan loves the drop in nursery. The lady who was working it was SOOOO sweet, she was pregnant with her 2nd. Along the way Reagan must have said she slept in a big girl bed now. She is transitioning her daughter to a bed, so she asked how that was. I did 30 mins of cardio on the elliptical and 20 mins walking on the treadmill following.

I am setting some goals for 2010, and not just small ones, ones that will last me all year. So look for that post soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you!! (Not to mention I admire your bravery, as i will not even go look at the scales!) Keep it up and motivate me in the mean time!

    ReplyDelete