Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009


Will mark the first Christmas that my daughter really got into. Despite her lack of enthusiasm upon seeing presents under the tree she was more than excited to play with all her new presents. I spent most of the day playing board games, which she was into for all of 3 minutes and then my sister and I duked it out for the rest of the game. By the way, I lost more than once today to dear sister. Reagan also wanted to explore the land of play doh worms and cookies, only to be followed by barbies and a bazillion little parts to be tracked now.

I think she had a great day, she was giving many hugs and saying "Happy Christmas" all day. She went to bed with her 3 new friends, Woody, Buzz "lightchair" and spongebob and 2 new blankets in her new toy story pajamas.

There are other aspects of this holiday season that I wish were different. But I took control of the one thing I could, Reagan's happiness and did the best I could, and for that my heart is full of joy. Despite the above picture she had a good day, that picture screams mommy get away from me. Of course no time for pictures when we have "ice to break". I think the next month will mark a time for me to find "myself" again...but I'll spare you that we have 1 and half hours to be Merry!

Stay tuned for another baking blog entry, it's worth it, her treats look delicious!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this pic of you girls...Reagan is an independent woman, just like her Mama..what did you expect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that pic lol! it sounds like you guys had an awesome xmas! stephen was really into it for the 1st time this year as well. makes it so much more fun lol!

    ReplyDelete