Monday, December 14, 2009

They are habits that become rituals

We all have them! Something we do everyday or frequently that is just a habit. If it isn't done, then it throws you for a loop and takes you out of your comfort zone. I was thinking last night that most of my habits are related to sleeping and the process of going to bed. Aside from being OCD; bedtime rituals probably ranks up there with the worst of them. I only say this because for me if one important aspect is missing then falling asleep is a bitch and a half. I generally have 2 bedtime rituals and just added a third.

1. Sleeping with a fan
I prefer a ceiling fan but I am not that picky, a small fan will do in a pinch. Traveling with a fan isn't always doable. Let's face it I rather squeeze in one more pair of shoes that I probably won't wear than a fan when it comes to vacationing. Such a nasty littl
e habit to get into. Doesn't matter if it is -20 degrees, this girl is gonna have the fan on.


2. Falling asleep to the TV
At the very least I have to watch some tv before bed, but I wish I could be one of those people who said "no tv in the bedroom" bahahaha, YAH RIGHT. Generally I catch Chelsea Lately and an episode of Will and Grace and I'm ready to roll over and sleep. If I am up later than the 12 am hour then there is always Roseanne. See the problem here is that sometimes I get so enthralled in watching some show that I can't go to sleep and it just continues.


3. Moisturizing my feet
Okay I will admit this is a new one, and actually 1/2 a nuisance to me. So how did it start anyway? Well I am fulling going to place the blame on my friend Jana (hey, girl, hey!) She is a big pedi/mani girl (and she does them herself, that frugal son of a bitch!). Jana had mentioned how she lathers up her feet with lotion or vaseline and sleeps with socks on. Just my luck I have this pair of Bath and Body Works Moisturizing Socks. What do you know I am channeling my inner Jana and lotioning up my feet and crawling into bed. And here lies the problem I pretty much HATE socks unle
ss I am wearing shoes. So about an hour into my tv watching or in the middle of my slumber the socks come off. I figure 60 mins of treatment is better than nothing...right?

There you have it, my habits or rituals that are bound and determined to drive my future significant other up the wall, but even with these I promise I'm worth it!

2 comments:

  1. YESSSS! I ranked a shout out on your blog!

    I def. have these ritualistic like behaviors. Of course my list makes yours like ever so minor!

    I'm tellin yall..vaseline in the socks-that's where it's at yo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can come move in with me ash, lol! i have to have a fan on to sleep, it doesn't matter how cold it is. and the tv always has to be on, i turn it to timer because i can't fall asleep if its quiet lol!

    ReplyDelete